- Metropolitan Council -
Several reports on land use planning and development are in the Data & Maps or Publications & Documents sections.
- Minnesota Center for Environmental Advocacy - The group address land use and transportation issues.
- Minnesota Environmental Quality Board - Many EQB reports touch on land use issues, particularly in their Sustainable
Development Initiative section.
- Minnesota Land Trust - A private nonprofit
organization working with landowners and communities to protect Minnesota's land
and water resources.
- Minnesota chapter, American Planning Association - A non-profit statewide organization involved in planning-related activities on behalf of state and regional agencies, counties, cities, towns, educational institutions and the private sector.
- Sensible Land Use Coalition - The group includes builders, utilities, developers, engineers. It fosters a
balanced approach toward issues affecting land use, development, and the environment
in Minnesota, with a special focus on the Twin Cities Metropolitan Area.
- Sierra Club, Minnesota
North Star Chapter - Includes the Citizen's
Guide to Local Land Use Planning, part of their Open
- Center for Transportation Studies - This University of Minnesota department researches regional growth patterns
and how it affects transportation infrastructure.
Growth Management and Urban Sprawl
Property Rights and Takings Issues
The sites listed on this page are not created, maintained, or endorsed
by the Minnesota Legislature.