Business and Industry
- Business Journal - The Web edition of the Twin Cities business journal formerly known as CityBusiness. Their Book of Lists is a compilation of thousands of top businesses and executives.
- Coalition of Minnesota Businesses - The nonpartisan Coalition serves as a communications link between businesses, policy-makers and the public. Their website provides
policy proposals and links to related resources.
- Export Assistance and Exporter Information - Sponsored by the Minnesota District Export Council, this site provides current trade developments, export tools, and
links to State and Federal export sites.
- MBBNet - Features links to over 1200 biomedical,
bioscience, and related science-based companies in Minnesota.
- Minnesota Business Partnership - From a nonpartisan public policy group with the CEOs of Minnesota's largest companies as members, this site features many reports.
- Minnesota Businesses - From Metronet's Minnesota Web Directory which features nonprofit, for profit, cultural, civic, and other Minnesota-based companies' websites. This index is informational only: Metronet does not endorse these sites.
- Minnesota Chamber of Commerce - This business advocacy organization provides information on how legislation and policy affect Minnesota businesses.
- Star Tribune 100 - Annual ranking of Minnesota's largest publicly held companies. Link is to the 2012, 21st Annual Report.
Business Information & Statistics
- Commerce Connect - Described as a "one-stop-shop to help U.S. businesses around the country transform themselves into globally competitive enterprises, by connecting them with government information, counseling and services" from the U.S. Department of Commerce.
- County Business Patterns - State- and county-level U.S. Census Bureau statistics on the number of establishments, employees, and payroll.
- Data Center - Data and data tools providing a comprehensive look at Minnesota's economy and workforce, from the Department of Employment and Economic Development.
- EconData.Net - Links
to regional socioeconomic data sources, arranged by subject and
- Export.gov - The U.S. Department of Commerce's International Trade Administration manages Export.gov as a collaborative effort with the 19 Federal Agencies that offer export assistance programs and services.
The portal provides statistics such as
State Export Data.
- Guide to the 2007 Economic
Census - The U.S. Census Bureau's economic census profiles
the economy every 5 years, from the national to the local level.
The sites listed on this page are not created, maintained, or endorsed
by the Minnesota Legislature.