Government Data Practices
- Information Policy Analysis Division - Information about Minnesota's data practice laws from the division of Minnesota Department of Administration.
- Data Mine - Your resource for searchable databases or interactive maps from the Pioneer Press, government agencies and non-profit organizations. These public data include jail bookings, school test scores, property records, campaign finance contributions to elected officials and ways to check up on your health care providers.
- Data Practices Manual - From the Minnesota Department of Human Services, this guide provides a basic understanding of the Minnesota Government Data Practices Act.
- Dealing with Data Requests - From the League of Minnesota Cities this guide
is intended for city employees but gives a useful overview of the Government Data Practices Act.
- Electronic Privacy - Guide from the Minnesota Legislative Reference Library.
- Guarding Your Privacy - From the Minnesota Attorney General's Office, along with other useful privacy and identity theft protection publications.
- Minnesota Coalition on Government Information - A nonprofit organization committed to the promotion of public access to government information and transparency of government operations.
- Minnesota Historical Society - Links to various records retention schedules for Minnesota government entities, including counties, school districts, and state agencies.
- Minnesota Legislature - State laws governing access to information and legislative publications about those laws:
- National Conference for State Legislatures - Information about topics such as Radio Frequency ID Tags (RFID), security breach disclosure laws, and identity theft legislation.
- Office of Enterprise Technology - The state office that provides leadership and direction for information and communications technology.
- Practical Guide to the Open Meeting Law - From Minnesota Association of Townships, designed as a reference guide for attorneys and municipal officials attempting to comply with the mandates of the Open Meeting Law.
- Privacy and Security Project - from the University of Minnesota, this resource includes a section about Understanding & Identifying Private and Public Information.
The sites listed on this page are not created, maintained, or endorsed
by the Minnesota Legislature.