Minnesota Government Information
- Disability Minnesota - A gateway to disability-related information and programs available across the Minnesota state government including accessibility, benefits, community life, education, employment, housing, health, rights, technology, and transportation.
- Minnesota Department of Employment
and Economic Development - Through WorkForce Centers, Vocational Rehabilitation
Services, and State Services for the Blind, helps people with disabilities and who are blind to achieve their employment and independent
and Hard of Hearing Services and Disability
Services within the Minnesota Department of Human Services list available services and resources which provide access
to Minnesota's human service systems. Also, the Telephone
Equipment Distribution (TED) Program provides special telephone equipment to people
who have difficulty using a standard telephone due to a hearing loss or speech
- Minnesota Governor's Council on Developmental
Disabilities - The Council works toward assuring that people with developmental
disabilities receive the necessary support to achieve independence. Includes historical
documents related to the treatment of the disabled and developmentally delayed
-- A resource finder for people with disabilities from the Minnesota Department
of Human Services in partnership with the Minnesota Board on Aging.
- Minnesota Relay - Minnesota's free service providing full telephone accessibility to persons who are deaf, deaf/blind, hard of hearing or speech disabled.
- Minnesota STAR Program - A System of Technology to Achieve Results (STAR) provides a wealth of information about assistive technology.
- Minnesota State Academy for the Blind and the Minnesota State Academy for the Deaf - Minnesota's K-12 schools for blind and deaf students.
- Minnesota State Council on Disability
-- Provides information on current disability issues in Minnesota and the United States.
Other Minnesota Information
- Arc Minnesota - Arc is an advocacy
organization for people who have disabilities. Information on Arc's programs and
legislative activities is provided.
- Courage Center - Information about
disabilities, assistive technology, and various services.
- Institute on Community Integration,
University of Minnesota - The institute conducts research and training and
shares information intended to aid those with disabilities.
Disability - From the Minnesota Legal Services Coalition, this page addresses
the legal needs of persons with disabilities. Includes fact sheets on disability
- LifePages - A resource guide to recreation,
leisure activities, services, and advocacy groups for people with disabilities
- Minnesota Association of Centers for Independent
Living (MACIL) - This nonprofit organization advocates for the independent
living needs of Minnesotans with disabilities.
- Minnesota Disability Law Center - This organization is the state's designated
provider of no-cost legal protection and advocacy for persons with disabilities.
- PACER Center - A Minnesota nonprofit
organization that serves families of children and adults with disabilities.
The sites listed on this page are not created, maintained, or endorsed
by the Minnesota Legislature.