- Association of Metropolitan School Districts (AMSD) - An association of twenty-six K-12 metropolitan school districts and three joint powers school districts in the Twin Cities metropolitan area.
- Center for Applied Research and Educational Improvement (CAREI) - Connecting the resources of the University of Minnesota with local, state, and national school improvement initiatives.
- Center for School Change - A program of Macalester College. Includes research reports and a charter school resource center.
- Education Evolving - "This site describes...generally approves and advocates...the quite radical changes now appearing in K-12 education".
- Education Minnesota - A union of Minnesota educators.
- EdWatch - "Supports knowledge-based education that promotes the American Creed, free enterprise, limited government, and the primacy of parental rights."
- Minnesota Association of Alternative Programs (MAAP) - Dedicated to the improvement of alternative education and program options. Includes lists of Minnesota alternative schools.
- Minnesota Association of School Administrators (MASA) - A professional association of school leaders.
- Minnesota Association of School Business Officials (MASBO) - An association of Minnesota school district employees.
- Minnesota Elementary School Principals' Association (MESPA) - Supports elementary and middle level principals.
- Minnesota Independent School Forum - A nonprofit organization serving private schools in Minnesota.
- Minnesota P-20 Education Partnership - Its member's include statewide education groups in Minnesota along with others from government, business, and the private sector. The partnership works collaboratively to maximize achievements of all students, from preschool through postsecondary education.
- Minnesota PTA - A volunteer organization engaged in educating parents and teachers on issues affecting children.
- Minnesota Rural Education Association (MREA) - An association of school districts located in non-metropolitan Minnesota.
- Minnesota School Boards Association (MSBA) - Information includes recent legislative updates.
- Minnesota Service Cooperatives - A joint powers organization comprised of seven regional service cooperatives that provide regional planning and services for school districts and other governmental agencies.
- Minnesota State High School League (MSHSL) - A nonprofit association that provides leadership and support for athletic and fine arts programs in Minnesota's schools.
- MN Web Directory: Education - Comprehensive access to Minnesota schools and educational organizations on the Internet.
- MTQM (Measures of Teacher Quality in Minnesota) - Information and data about Minnesota's teacher education institutions, provided by the Minnesota Association of Colleges for Teacher Education
- Parents United for Public Schools - A statewide, grass roots organization of Minnesota parents and citizens committed to Minnesota's leadership in quality public education.
- Schools for Equity in Education (SEE) - An association of 61 Minnesota school districts supporting legislation that will provide both adequate and equitable funding for Minnesota public schools.
Federal Government Information
Articles, Databases, and Directories
- Education at a Glance: OECD Indicators - This annual report provides comparable indicators on education systems throughout the world.
- EducationAtlas.com - A "map to the world of education". Categories include, early childhood, K-12, higher education, teachers, distance learning, and special education.
- EducationNews.org - A compilation of education articles published in various media sources. Includes both United States and international news.
- Education Next - This quarterly journal reports on issues related to K-12 education reform in the United States.
- Education Policy Analysis Archives (EPAA) - Provides access to the full text of all articles that have appeared in Education Policy Analysis.
- Education Week - Access current and archived issues.
- ElementarySchools.org - A directory of all public and private elementary schools in the United States. Statistics such as enrollment and ratio of students to teachers are included; contact information for all schools is also available.
- ERIC Database - "An online digital library of education research and information".
- Search for Schools, Colleges, and Libraries - This National Center for Education Statistics database is searchable by institution name, city, or zip code.
Selected Education Issues
Choice and Vouchers
Standards and Testing
The sites listed on this page are not created, maintained, or endorsed
by the Minnesota Legislature.