Elderly and Retirement
- Administration on Aging - A division of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services that administers programs and services for older Americans. Includes the Profile of Older Americans.
- Alliance for Aging Research - A "private, not-for-profit advocacy organization fighting for science
policies in the nation's capitol to speed breakthroughs for greater health, vitality
and longevity." Includes the full text of various publications.
- Alliance for Retired Americans - A retiree advocacy group established by the AFL-CIO.
- ElderWeb - A collection of articles and links to information related to the care of the elderly.
- Families USA - A non-profit group that works on issues relating to health and long term care for American consumers. Includes full-text publications on Medicare and Medicaid, nursing home costs, and other issues of concern to America's seniors.
- Gerontological Society of America - Promotes the scientific study of aging and supports the use of gerontological research in creating public policy.
- Grandparents Rights Organization - Founded in 1984, this nonprofit organization is dedicated to the education and support of those who are experiencing the loss of contact between grandparents and their grandchildren.
- Grandparent and Caretaker Visitation Rights - This NOLO guide contains information on grandparent visitation laws.
- National Center on Elder Abuse (NCEA) - "A national resource center dedicated to the prevention of elder mistreatment." Includes links to their publications.
- National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization - Promotes the philosophy and principles of hospice care for the terminally ill and their family.
- Senior Sites - A national listing of non-profit providers of senior housing, health care, and services.
- SeniorLaw - Find information about Medicare, Medicaid, estate planning, trusts, and the rights of the elderly and disabled provided by a law firm specializing in elder law.
- Wayne State University Institute of Gerontology - Includes a link their publication Transitions.
The sites listed on this page are not created, maintained, or endorsed
by the Minnesota Legislature.