- OutFront Minnesota - Minnesota's leading advocacy organization for
gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender (GLBT) individuals. Provides links to numerous
LGBT and Allied Organizations.
- Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) - Advocacy group for
fair and accurate portrayal of people by the media in order to help eliminate discrimination based on
sexual orientation or gender identity.
- Gay, Lesbian, and Straight Education Network (GLSEN) -
Group whose goal is to ensure that all students have a safe learning environment at school. Includes
access to their Research
- GayPolitics.com - Coverage of political stories related to Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and
- Human Rights Campaign - National organization working for equal rights for
lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (GLBT) people. Provides access to
Your Community which includes laws and legislation
affecting GLBT people by state, and
Equality from State to State which provides information on current state GLBT legislation.
- International Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and Intersex Association - An international organization
working for equal rights for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people.
- Lambda Legal - National group dedicated to
achieving the recognition of the full civil rights of lesbians, gay men, bisexuals, the
transgendered, and people with HIV or AIDS. Provides information specific to
- National Center for Lesbian Rights -
National organization working for equal rights for lesbians and their families.
- National Gay and Lesbian Task Force - A national organization working for
the civil rights of gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender people.
- Parents, Families, and Friends of Lesbians and Gays (PFLAG) - A grass roots
advocacy group for acceptance of all people regardless of their sexual orientation or gender identity.
- Soulforce - A group dedicated to the use of nonviolent
resistance to achieve freedom from religious and political oppression for lesbian, gay, bisexual,
and transgender people.
- Williams Institute,
UCLA School of Law - Independent research on public policy and laws related to sexual orientation. Includes
a number of publications on the economic impacts of extending or denying rights to homosexuals.
- Palm Center (formerly the Center for the Study of Sexual Minorities
in the Military (CSSMM) - A group dedicated to the promotion of interdisciplinary studies related to gay,
lesbian, bisexual, transgendered, and other marginalized sexual identities in the United States military.
They provide online access to their Publications.
- Servicemembers Legal Defense Network (SLDN) - Group
dedicated to protecting members of the United States military affected by the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell"
policy and other forms of intolerance.
- GOProud - Group that represents gay conservatives and their friends.
- Log Cabin Republicans - Republican gay
and lesbian advocacy group.
- National Stonewall Democrats - National Democratic advocacy group
working to advance the rights of all people regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- Stonewall DFL Caucus - The lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender,
and friends caucus of the Democratic Farmer Labor party of Minnesota.
- American Civil Liberties Union of Minnesota (ACLU-MN) - Group dedicated to
defending the rights of all Minnesotans.
- Anti-Defamation League - Group dedicated to fighting anti-Semitism,
bigotry, and extremism.
- Civilrights.org - Provides current civil rights news and information.
- Directory of Nonprofit Organizations of Color
in Minnesota - Compiled by the Center for Urban
and Regional Affairs (CURA).
- Human Rights Watch - The largest human rights organization in
the United States.
- Institute on Race and Justice - Based at Northwestern University,
focused on issues of race and justice.
- Institute on Race & Poverty - Based at the University of Minnesota,
promoting research, education, and advocacy.
- International Institute of Minnesota - An interracial, nonpolitical,
nonsectarian social service agency serving both foreign and native born people in transition..
- Minnesota Department of Human Rights - Minnesota agency
responsible for investigating charges of discrimination.
- Minnesota Minority Child Heritage Protection Act -
A list of resources compiled by the Minnesota Legislative Reference Library.
- Minnesota Minority Education Partnership (MMEP) - This nonprofit collaborative
develops programs to help students of color succeed academically.
- Minnesota Office of Minority and Multicultural Health -
A program of the Minnesota Department of Health.
- The Pluralism Project Directory of Religious Centers -
A directory compiled by Harvard University of religious groups in the United States
that are neither Jewish nor Christian. The database can be searched by state.
- Population Estimates Reports by State - Estimates
by Age, Race, Sex, and Hispanic Origin from the Missouri Census
- Racial Justice: Racial Profiling - A site
sponsored by the American Civil Liberties Union.
- Southern Poverty Law Center - Group dedicated to fighting hate and
bigotry. Includes a Hate Map of active
hate groups by state.
- United States Census Bureau Race Data - Includes
Overview of Race and Hispanic Origin.
The sites listed on this page are not created, maintained, or endorsed
by the Minnesota Legislature.