Politics and Elections
Minnesota Election Information
Minnesota Media Political Coverage
- Checks & Balances - A Minnesota-focused public policy website that requires a subscription.
- Minnesota Politics and Government on Twitter - A wiki listing of Minnesota politicians, governments, political reporters, bloggers and others who are involved in politics and have a Twitter presence.
Minnesota Public Radio - Campaign coverage for
Public Radio's Politics page - Online coverage of Minnesota politics. Take the
Select a Candidate
survey to determine how well the 2012 presidential or Senate candidates match your views.
- The Political Animal - St. Paul Pioneer Press writers Bill Salisbury, Dennis Lien and Jason Hoppin's political blog.
- Politically Connected - The Star Tribune's page
related to politics.
- Politics in Minnesota - An online magazine
devoted to Minnesota politics.
- Twin Cities Public Television (TPT) - Two
weekly programs that focus on Minnesota politics, Almanac
and Almanac at the Capitol (during
the legislative session).
- WCCO's Reality Check - Minnesota veteran TV reporter, Pat Kessler, investigates issues and political ads for their veracity.
Minnesota Lobbying and Campaign Finance
Minnesota Political Parties
National Election Issues
National Lobbying and Campaign Finance
- Campaign Finance - Information from the
- Common Cause - A large, nonprofit, grass roots initiative promoting
"open, honest, and accountable government." Many of its efforts focus on campaign finance and
lobby disclosure reforms.
- FactCheck.org - A nonpartisan site dedicated to the reduction of
confusion and deception in the United States political process. This watchdog group
monitors the accuracy of political statements made by the major political players.
- Fair Vote - A nonprofit organization that studies
how voting systems affect participation, representation, and governance.
- Federal Election Commission - The independent federal agency that
gathers financial information on presidential and congressional campaigns.
- Follow the Money.org - Reports and a searchable database on campaign
contributions in state politics. Includes information on
Minnesota 2012 candidates.
- Initiative and Referendum Institute - Located at the University
of Southern California, this group provides a wealth of information on initiative and referendum. Includes
Statewide I and R data as well as
national and local.
- OpenSecrets.org - Center for Responsive Politics - Provides
databases, searchable by zip code, for researching the role money plays in Congressional elections and actions.
Voting Statistics and Election Results-Historical
See Also Special
The sites listed on this page are not created, maintained, or endorsed
by the Minnesota Legislature.