Special Interest Groups
Minnesota Public Policy Organizations
- Center of the American Experiment -
A nonpartisan, tax-exempt public policy and educational institution which explores
conservative and alternative ideas regarding Minnesota and the nation.
- The Citizens League - An independent,
nonpartisan group that promotes citizen interest in Minnesota public policy.
Includes a link to recent issues of The
- Growth & Justice - "A nonpartisan,
public policy institute or think tank focusing on ideas to make Minnesota's economy
simultaneously more prosperous, fair and environmentally sustainable."
- Itasca Project - Forty-plus
community leaders have joined together to provide leadership for long-term regional
development, accelerate efforts to address critical issues from a regional perspective,
and encourage organizations to work together.
- Joint Religious Legislative Coalition (JRLC)
- An interfaith, public-interest lobby group working on social justice issues
- Minnesota E-Democracy - A nonpartisan citizen based project seeking increased public participation through effective and meaningful
online discussions and information exchange on public policy issues.
- Minnesota Family Council - A nonprofit,
nonpartisan, pro-family organization whose mission is "to strengthen Minnesota
families by restoring America's founding Judeo-Christian principles to public
- Minnesota 2020 - A "nonpartisan progressive
think tank" that focuses "on good ideas for education, health care, economic development,
- Minnesota Women's Consortium - 165
member organizations advocate the equal rights of women and children.
- Taxpayers League - A nonpartisan,
nonprofit grass roots taxpayer advocacy organization.
Indexes to Special Interest Groups
- Associations on the Net
- Compiled by the Internet Public Library, these links sites provide
information about a wide variety of professional and trade associations, cultural and art
organizations, political parties and advocacy groups, labor unions, academic societies, and research
- A searchable directory of over 10,000 nonprofit websites worldwide. Provided by Action Without Borders.
- Issue Organizations - Project VoteSmart's compilation of organizations. Lists can be generated by subject or by state.
- Political Advocacy Groups - This site provides a subject guide and an alphabetical list to a variety of special interest groups.
- Political Science Resources - Think Tanks - Created by the University of Michigan Documents Center, this website provides an annotated list of comprehensive listings and individual think tanks.
- Think Tanks Directory
- The John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard has compiled this comprehensive list of links that includes the
Brookings Institution, the
Cato Institute, the
Rand Corporation, the
Urban Institute, the
Reason Foundation, and many others.
- Town Hall
- A website organized by a group of conservative organizations including
The Heritage Foundation.
The sites listed on this page are not created, maintained, or endorsed
by the Minnesota Legislature.