Light Rail, & Public Transit
- Minnesota Department of Public Safety - Traffic Safety - Information on seat belts & airbags, child passenger safety, and other traffic safety issues can be found at this website. Includes link to Crash Facts.
- Minnesota Motorcycle Safety Center - Administered by the Minnesota Department of Public Safety. Provides information on reducing motorcycle crashes, injuries, and fatalities.
- Minnesota Safety Council -This safety site provides fact sheets and information on the Council's traffic safety programs.
- Toward Zero Deaths (TZD) - "A Minnesota interagency partnership led by the Department of Public Safety and the Department of Transportation, in cooperation with the State Patrol, the Federal Highway Administration, Minnesota county engineers, and the Center for Transportation Studies at the University of Minnesota." Their mission is "To move Minnesota toward zero deaths on our roads, using Education, Enforcement, Engineering, and Emergency Services."
- National Transportation Safety Board - Includes links to a variety of Safety Studies and Special Reports
and news and events.
- U.S. Census Bureau: Commuting (Journey to Work) - Tables based on the 2000 census provide information about travel to work and place of work
for the United States, selected metropolitan areas and cities, and individual states. Tables from 1960-1990 are also available.
- U.S. Department of Transportation - Locate the latest regulations regarding ISTEA, railroads, aviation, mass transit, and safety issues.
- Bureau of Transportation Statistics - A large
collection of transportation research and planning documents from state transportation
departments and metropolitan planning organizations from around the country. Includes link to the Transportation Research Information Services (TRIS) database.
Transportation Statistics for several years of statistics on America's transportation system.
- Consumer Air Fare Report - Quarterly reports based on information about average prices being paid by consumers in the top 1,000
domestic city pair markets in the continental United States.
- Federal Aviation Administration - Find information about airline safety and air traffic control systems. Provides the full text of the agency's data & research and news.
- Federal Highway Administration - Legislation and Regulations includes the full-text of many popular laws relating to highways.
- Federal Railroad Administration - Includes accident statistics and other information on the nation's passenger and freight
railroad network. Locate updates on passenger rail development.
- Federal Transit Administration - Provides a link to the FTA Library.
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration - Provides current information on traffic and vehicle safety, research and development, and consumer protection. A variety of reports and statistics can be found on occupant protection including the report, Summary of Vehicle Occupant Protection Laws.
- National Transportation Library - Their NTL Integrated Search contains numerous online transportation documents including laws and regulations and References and Directories.
- Office of Highway Policy Information (OHPI) - This office collects, analyzes, and distributes highway related data from federal, state, and local sources. Various years of their publication, Highway Statistics, are available online.
- Office of Inspector General - Includes links to numerous reports on aviation security.
- U.S. House of Representatives Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure - This website provides links to current transportation legislation and subcommittee information and schedules.
Industry News, Research, and Statistics
- Advanced Transit Association (ATRA) - A nonprofit association that promotes investigation and development of advanced transit technologies and strategies.
- American Public Transit Association - An international association focusing on all areas of mass transit,
including bus systems, rapid transit, and commuter rail systems. Includes many statistics
about finances, fares, ridership, vehicle manufacturing, and transit design and planning.
Alternative Transportation Issues
The sites listed on this page are not created, maintained, or endorsed
by the Minnesota Legislature.