Women's and Men's Issues
- Center for Parental Responsibility - An inter-denominational, faith-based, non-partisan, non-profit public policy and educational organization seeking to restore and protect the equal rights and equal responsibilities of both parents. CPR frequently advocates for the rights of non-custodial parents.
- Minnesota Coalition for Battered Women - A statewide membership organization working to end violence. The member programs of the coalition include local, regional, and statewide organizations advocating on behalf of battered women and their children.
- Minnesota Fathers & Families Network - A statewide network whose mission "is to initiate, promote and support effective programs and to educate on public policy to enhance the responsible involvement of fathers in the lives of children, families and the community." Includes links to publications.
- Minnesota NOW - Contains a variety of links to sites dealing with feminist issues.
- Minnesota Women's Consortium - 165 member organizations advocate the equal rights of women and children. Member issues and activities are covered in the Equalityquilt.org blog.
- Minnesota Women's Press - A biweekly newspaper that explores women's ideas and issues. Includes selections of the newspaper's news and commentary.
- Office on the Economic Status of Women (OESW) - Advises the legislature and provides basic information and statistics on women in Minnesota.
- Women's Foundation of Minnesota - "WFM champions economic, political and social equality for women through fundraising, grantmaking, research and public advocacy. " Includes a link to their research and reports.
Research and Statistics, Advocacy Groups, and Volunteer Organizations
- Center for American Women and Politics - Statistical data
compiled by Rutgers University related to women elected to or serving in state and national government offices
in the United States. The Fast Facts page
provides links to current and historical data.
- Center for Reproductive Rights - Their mission is to promote women's equality worldwide by guaranteeing reproductive rights as human rights. Links to information include abortion and contraception.
- Center for Women Policy Studies - "Founded in 1972 as the nation's first feminist policy analysis, research and advocacy institution." Includes a link to the National Institute on State Policy on Trafficking of Women and Girls and the Report Card on State Action to Combat International Trafficking.
- DivorceSupport.com - Includes many useful links to sites about child support and custody issues, support groups for women and men, and legal resources for individuals going through a divorce.
- Feminist Majority Foundation - Its Women's Web World provides links to news and topics related to women's issues. Includes a link to Reports & Fact Sheets.
- Institute for Women's Policy Research - A non-profit research group that works with policy makers, scholars, and advocacy groups around the nation to promote research on policy issues critical to women. Includes a link to Status of Women in the States.
- Men's Issues Page - A well-organized site from the World Wide Web Virtual Library that provides useful links on topics such as economics and employment, parenting, divorce, child support, and domestic violence.
- NARAL Pro-Choice America - A network of three organizations that provides information on abortion and reproductive legislation. Their webpage, State Governments, provides information on current legislation in the states.
- National Organization for Women - Read the full text of NOW's current press releases and learn about the group's position on a variety of topics.
- National Partnership for Women & Families - A non-profit, non-partisan organization dedicated to the promotion of fairness in the workplace, quality health care, and policies that help men and women meet the dual demands of work and family.
- National Women's Law Center - This group works to protect and advance the progress of women and girls in the areas of family economic security, health, employment and education. Their publication, Making the Grade on Women's Health: A National and State-by-State Report Card, compares and assesses women's health nationally and in each of the 50 states and the District of Columbia.
- Office on Violence Against Women (OVW) - Part of the United States Department of Justice's Office of Justice Programs. Includes a link to the Bureau of Justice Statistics report, Violence Against Women: Estimates from the Redesigned National Crime Victimization Survey.
- Women's Studies Database - An extensive, nicely arranged compilation of websites maintained by the University of Maryland at College Park. There are many links to information on gender issues, employment opportunities, and government and politics.
- Women's Bureau - A division of the U.S. Department of Labor. The bureau serves and promotes the interests of working women. A great site for labor-related statistics.
See also Children's Issues
The sites listed on this page are not created, maintained, or endorsed
by the Minnesota Legislature.