- Amherst H. Wilder Foundation - A non-profit health and human services organization that issues several reports including a statewide homeless study.
- Builders Association of the Twin Cities - An association of professionals in the building trades. The website features public policy updates and current data such as HotSheets, a monthly housing market indicator report for the Twin Cities Metropolitan Area.
- Family Housing Fund - An organization created by Minneapolis, St. Paul, and the McKnight Foundation to preserve and expand quality affordable housing for families with low and moderate incomes in the metropolitan area. A variety of reports and fact sheets are available.
- Greater Minnesota Housing Fund - An organization that seeks to work directly with local communities, employers, builders, and state and local public agencies in greater Minnesota to address housing shortages. A number of research reports are included on the website.
- Heading Home Minnesota - A public-private partnership to end homelessness in Minnesota. Included is the report, Heading Home: Minnesota's Plan to Prevent and End Homelessness.
- HousingLink - A nonprofit organization providing information about affordable rental housing options in the Twin Cities metropolitan area. Resources include basic housing information, a rental housing referral service, and foreclosure reports.
- Landlords and Tenants: Rights and Responsibilities -- Published by Minnesota's Attorney General's Office. This site also provides consumer information on various housing issues.
- Metropolitan Council Housing Services - Information about the Metropolitan Council's housing programs in the Twin Cities Metropolitan Area.
- Minnesota Home Ownership Center - This organization "promotes sustainable home ownership for low and moderate income Minnesotans"; includes information on foreclosure postponement.
- Minnesota Housing Finance Agency - A state agency that provides financial and related customer assistance so that Minnesotans have decent, safe, and affordable housing.
- Minnesota Construction Codes and Licensing Division - The Minnesota state office responsible for administering the Minnesota State Building Code.
- Minnesota Housing Partnership - Its mission is to "promote homes for all Minnesotans and assist Minnesota communities in the creation and preservation of housing affordable to low- and moderate-income people."
- Minnesota Office of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) - Minnesota-specific information on HUD properties, rental subsidies, and mortgage assistance.
- U.S. Census Bureau
- American Housing Survey - National and metropolitan data on the nation's housing, including apartments, single-family homes, mobile homes, vacant housing units, household characteristics, income, housing and neighborhood quality, housing costs, equipment and fuels, size of housing unit, and recent movers.
- Housing Topics - One-stop shopping for statistics on homeownership, housing affordability, housing vacancy, and residential segregation.
- Homeownership Rates by State, 1900 to 2000 - Historical data derived from the decennial censuses of housing.
- Housing Vacancies and Homeownership - Provides recent quarterly and annual statistics for U.S. regions, states, and metropolitan areas.
- Housing Characteristics in the U.S. - An interesting look back at housing from 1940 to 2000. Includes state tables on trends in living alone and recent movers.
- Building Permits Survey - Provides national, state, and metropolitan area data on new housing units authorized by building permits.
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
Housing Finance, Advocacy Groups, Research, & Statistics
The sites listed on this page are not created, maintained, or endorsed
by the Minnesota Legislature.