Minnesota Board of Managers for the World's Fair, St. Louis
Function: To prepare for the 1904 World's Fair exposition.
The Minnesota Board of Managers for the World's Fair, St. Louis, was established in 1903 to prepare for the 1904 exposition. There were three members: Conde Hamlin, J. M. Underwood, and Theo. L. Hayes. They selected C. S. Mitchell as "superintendent." The board also supervised the dismantling of exhibits and the disposition of the building and its furnishings after the fair was over. It concluded its business in July, 1905. Board members (and others) visited St. Louis to select a site. The St. Paul architectural firm of Reed and Stem was chosen to design the building. The board worked with Minnesota businesses and state agencies to furnish the building and mount exhibits on agriculture, horticulture, dairy products, mining, education, and game and fish.
Record last updated:
Additional print information on this group may be available in the
Library's collection of agency notebooks. Please contact a librarian for
assistance. The Minnesota Agencies database is a work in progress.