Portions of the website are currently unavailable.
Legislature > LRL Home > Agencies > Results
Information on Minnesota State Agencies, Boards, Task Forces, and Commissions
Compiled by the Minnesota Legislative Reference Library
Forensic Laboratory Advisory Board
The mission of the Forensic Laboratory Advisory Board is to ensure the quality and integrity of forensic science services provided by laboratories, facilities or entities that conduct forensic analysis on physical evidence in connection with criminal actions as set forth in Minnesota Statutes 299C.156.
Active dates:2006 - 2014
As of 2012, 12 members, including one appointed by the Governor.
Subdivision 1. Membership. (a) The Forensic Laboratory Advisory Board consists of the following:
- Commissioner of public safety or designee
- Commissioner of corrections or designee
- An individual with expertise in the field of forensic science, selected by the governor
- An individual with expertise in the field of forensic science, selected by the attorney general
- A faculty member of the University of Minnesota, selected by the president of the university
- The state public defender or designee;
- A prosecutor, selected by the Minnesota County Attorneys Association
- A sheriff, selected by the Minnesota Sheriffs Association
- A police chief, selected by the Minnesota Chiefs of Police Association
- A judge or court administrator, selected by the chief justice of the Supreme Court
- A criminal defense attorney, selected by the Minnesota State Bar Association
Note: The Legislative Reference Library may have additional reports on or by this group available through our catalog.
Record last updated:
Additional print information on this group may be available in the
Library's collection of agency notebooks. Please contact a librarian for
assistance. The Minnesota Agencies database is a work in progress.