Information on Minnesota State Agencies, Boards, Task Forces, and Commissions
Compiled by the Minnesota Legislative Reference Library
Iron Range Higher Education Committee
Active dates:1991 -
Function: Advises the Commissioner of Iron Range Resources and Rehabilitation on providing higher education programs in the Taconite Assistance Area (TAA) defined in Minn. Stat. 273.1341, and on the development of a contract with the Minnesota State system (formerly known as MnSCU) that would require Minnesota State to provide courses within the Taconite Assistance Area.
The members of the committee shall consist of:
(1) one member appointed by the governor;
(2) one member appointed by the president of the University of Minnesota;
(3) four members of the Iron Range Resources and Rehabilitation Board appointed by the chair;
(4) the commissioner of Iron Range resources and rehabilitation; and
(5) the president of the Northeast Higher Education District or its successor.
Record last updated:
Additional print information on this group may be available in the
Library's collection of agency notebooks. Please contact a librarian for
assistance. The Minnesota Agencies database is a work in progress.