Portions of the website are currently unavailable.
Legislature > LRL Home > Agencies > Results
Information on Minnesota State Agencies, Boards, Task Forces, and Commissions
Compiled by the Minnesota Legislative Reference Library
Iron Range Higher Education Committee
Function: Advises the Commissioner of Iron Range Resources and Rehabilitation on providing higher education programs in the Taconite Assistance Area (TAA) defined in Minn. Stat. 273.1341, and on the development of a contract with the Minnesota State system (formerly known as MnSCU) that would require Minnesota State to provide courses within the Taconite Assistance Area.
Active dates:1991 -
The members of the committee shall consist of:
(1) one member appointed by the governor;
(2) one member appointed by the president of the University of Minnesota;
(3) four members of the Iron Range Resources and Rehabilitation Board appointed by the chair;
(4) the commissioner of Iron Range resources and rehabilitation; and
(5) the president of the Northeast Higher Education District or its successor.
Record last updated:
Additional print information on this group may be available in the
Library's collection of agency notebooks. Please contact a librarian for
assistance. The Minnesota Agencies database is a work in progress.