Trade Policy Advisory Group
Active dates:2008 - June 30, 2012
Function: The trade policy advisory group is established to advise and assist the governor and the legislature regarding government procurement agreements of United States trade agreements.
The Trade Policy Advisory Group is set to expire June 30, 2012.
Governor and the Legislature
The trade policy advisory group shall be comprised of nine members as follows:
(1) the governor, or the governor's designee;
(2) the commissioner of employment and economic development, or the commissioner's designee;
(3) the commissioner of agriculture, or the commissioner's designee;
(4) the commissioner of administration, or the commissioner's designee;
(5) the attorney general, or a designee;
(6) two senators, including one member from the majority party and one member from the minority party, appointed by the Subcommittee on Committees of the Committee on Rules and Administration of the senate; and
(7) two members of the house of representatives, including one member appointed by the speaker of the house and one member appointed by the minority leader.
(b) Members of the trade policy advisory group shall serve for a term of two years and may be reappointed. Members shall serve until their successors have been appointed.
(c) The trade policy advisory group may invite representatives from other state agencies, industries, trade and labor organizations, nongovernmental organizations, and local governments to join the group as nonvoting ex officio members.
Record last updated:
Additional print information on this group may be available in the
Library's collection of agency notebooks. Please contact a librarian for
assistance. The Minnesota Agencies database is a work in progress.