Portions of the website are currently unavailable.
Legislature > LRL Home > Agencies > Results
Information on Minnesota State Agencies, Boards, Task Forces, and Commissions
Compiled by the Minnesota Legislative Reference Library
Standard Adult High School Diploma Advisory Task Force
Function: The duties of the task force shall include:
(1) reviewing "Minnesota Adult Secondary Credential: a Student Strategy for Workforce Readiness and Individual Prosperity," a report submitted in 2012 by the Minnesota Adult Secondary Task Force, and other relevant materials; and
(2) developing specific criteria to be used in awarding the new adult diploma.
By February 1, 2014, the task force must submit its recommendations to the commissioner of education for providing a standard adult high school diploma to persons who are not eligible for kindergarten through grade 12 services, who do not have a high school diploma, and who successfully complete an approved adult basic education program of instruction necessary to earn an adult high school diploma.
Active dates:2013 - 2014
The first meeting is scheduled for Friday, August 23, 2013, at the Minnesota Department of Education.
The task force sunsets the day after submitting its report under subdivision 7, or February 2, 2014, whichever is earlier.
The commissioner of education must appoint representatives from the following organizations to the task force by July 1, 2013:
(1) one employee of the Department of Education with expertise in adult basic education;
(2) five administrators and teachers with expertise in development of education curriculum from local adult basic education programs located in rural, suburban, and urban areas of the state, at least one of whom represents the Literacy Action network;
(3) one employee of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities with expertise in adult basic education;
(4) one employee of the Department of Employment and Economic Development with expertise in adult basic education and employment; and
(5) one member of the Minnesota Chamber of Commerce familiar with adult basic education programs under Minnesota Statutes, section 124D.52.
Note: The Legislative Reference Library may have additional reports on or by this group available through our catalog.
Record last updated:
Additional print information on this group may be available in the
Library's collection of agency notebooks. Please contact a librarian for
assistance. The Minnesota Agencies database is a work in progress.