Information on Minnesota State Agencies, Boards, Task Forces, and Commissions
Compiled by the Minnesota Legislative Reference Library
Aggregate Resources Task Force
Active dates:2016 -
The task force must study and provide recommendations on:
(1) the Department of Natural Resources' and Metropolitan Council's aggregate mapping progress and needs;
(2) the effectiveness of recent aggregate tax legislation and the use of the revenues collected by counties;
(3) the use of state funds to preserve aggregate reserves; and
(4) local land use and permitting issues, environmental review requirements, and the impacts of other state regulations on aggregate reserves.
No later than January 15, 2018, the task force shall submit a report to the chairs of the house of representatives and senate committees and divisions with jurisdiction over aggregate mining and natural resources finance containing the findings of the study.
The Aggregate Resources Task Force expires 45 days after the report and recommendations are delivered to the legislature or on June 30, 2018, whichever date is earlier.
The Aggregate Resources Task Force consists of eight members appointed as follows:
(1) the speaker of the house shall appoint four members of the house of representatives to include two members of the majority party and two members of the minority party, with one member being the chair of the committee with jurisdiction over aggregate mining; and
(2) the senate Subcommittee on Committees of the Committee on Rules and Administration shall appoint four members of the senate to include two members of the majority party and two members of the minority party, with one member being the chair of the committee or division with jurisdiction over natural resources finance.
(b) The appointing authorities must make their respective appointments no later than July 15, 2016.
Record last updated:
Additional print information on this group may be available in the
Library's collection of agency notebooks. Please contact a librarian for
assistance. The Minnesota Agencies database is a work in progress.