Portions of the website are currently unavailable.
Legislature > LRL Home > Agencies > Results
Information on Minnesota State Agencies, Boards, Task Forces, and Commissions
Compiled by the Minnesota Legislative Reference Library
Cuyuna Country State Recreation Area Citizens Advisory Council
A local area advisory committee established to provide direction on the establishment, planning, development, and operation of the Cuyuna country state recreation area.
Active dates:2007 -
Cuyuna Country State Recreation Area Advisory Committee
The Cuyuna Country State Recreation Area was created in 1993 Minn. Laws Sec. 34. That same law created an Advisory Committeee (Subd. 4) to provide direction on the establishment, planning, development, and operation of the Cuyuna country state recreation area.
The advisory council as established in 2007 is required to meet at least four times annually.
The Cuyuna Country State Recreation Area Citizens Advisory Council was reviewed by the Legislative Commission on Planning and Fiscal Policy (LCPFP) in 2013 as part of their biennial duty required by Minn. Stat. 3.885 Subd. 11. The LCPFP's 2013 Recommendations called for keeping the council.
Membership on the advisory council was modified in 2018. Membership shall include:
- a representative of the Cuyuna Range Economic Development Inc.;
- a representative for the Croft Mine Historical Park; a member at large appointment by the members of the council;
- a representative of the Crow Wing County Board; the state senator representing the state recreation area;
- the member from the state house of representatives representing the state recreation area;
- a representative of the Grand Rapids regional office of the Department of Natural Resources;
- a designee of the commissioner of Iron Range resources and rehabilitation;
- a designee of the local business community selected by the area chambers of commerce;
- a designee of the local environmental community selected by the Crow Wing County District 5 commissioner;
- a designee of a local education organization selected by the Crosby-Ironton School Board;
- a designee of one of the recreation area user groups selected by the Cuyuna Range Chamber of Commerce;
- and a member of the Cuyuna Country Heritage Preservation Society.
Members of the advisory council shall serve as volunteers for two-year terms with the ability to be reappointed. Members shall accept no per diem.
Doug Houge, Chair
Note: The Legislative Reference Library may have additional reports on or by this group available through our catalog.
Record last updated:
Additional print information on this group may be available in the
Library's collection of agency notebooks. Please contact a librarian for
assistance. The Minnesota Agencies database is a work in progress.