Banking and Insurance
- Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis - Website includes access to their publications and papers.
- Minnesota House Research: Commerce & Economic Development - Reports and briefs related to banking and financial institutions.
- Minnesota Bankers Association - MBA provides Minnesota commercial banks, trust companies and savings associations with education resources, as well as legal, legislative, and insurance information.
- Minnesota Credit Union Network - MCUN is a statewide organization that serves and supports credit unions throughout Minnesota. The Network, working in conjunction with the Credit Union National Association (CUNA), provides hundreds of products and services.
- Minnesota Commerce Department - The department regulates state-chartered financial institutions and other financial services. The Insurance division provides information for insurance companies on licensing, filing, and other needs. See also their area for Consumers.
- Minnesota Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers Association - A professional trade organization made up of 4,200 independent insurance agents throughout the State of Minnesota.
- Minnesota Workers' Compensation Insurers Association - MWCIA is the preferred Minnesota Data Service Organization (DSO) for quality workers' compensation data collection, analysis, and products.
- American Bankers Association (ABA) - National trade and professional association serving the entire banking community.
- Banking: an overview - Includes links to federal and state laws and key Internet resources. Provided by the Legal Information Institute at Cornell University Law School.
- Bankruptcy Statistics - The Administrative Office of the U.S. Courts compiles quarterly statistics on bankruptcy filings.
- Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System - The Federal Reserve, the central bank of the United States, was founded by Congress in 1913. Information on the Twelve Federal Reserve Districts is available through the site. Provides access to the Federal Reserve Archival System for Economic Research (FRASER), which includes historical bank statistics.
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) - An independent agency of the federal government.
- Federal Emergency Management Agency - FEMA provides information on disaster assistance and the National Flood Insurance Program.
- Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council - An interagency body empowered to prescribe uniform principles, standards, and report forms for the federal examination of financial institutions.
- Insurance Information Institute - Information on organizations and articles about the insurance industry, including a web tool that provides a random listing of state insurance companies for consumer use.
- Insurance Research Council - The IRC is an independent, nonprofit research organization supported by leading property and casualty insurance companies and associations. Membership is required for some content, but their News Releases are open access.
- National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) - An index to model laws, abstracts of recent articles in the Journal of Insurance Regulation, and links to state insurance departments.
- National Credit Union Administration - Provides information about federal credit unions, including credit union data from a database that lets you create a custom report from many optional combinations.
- U.S. Department of the Treasury
- A.M. Best Ratings & Analysis - Database of nearly 6,000 life/health, property/casualty, and international insurance company ratings.
- American Banker Online - News, analysis, and data on the banking and financial services industry.
- Bankrate - Objective, current information on loan rates of all types.
- Business Insurance - Online version of this weekly newsletter reporting on corporate risk, employee benefits, and managed health care news.
- Moodys.com - Moody's provides research data and analytic tools for assessing credit risk, including ratings on over 170,000 corporate, government, and structured finance securities.
See also Housing for information on foreclosure prevention.
The sites listed on this page are not created, maintained, or endorsed
by the Minnesota Legislature.