Minnesota State Government
Other Minnesota Information
- Children, Youth and Family Consortium - Located at the University of Minnesota, the consortium provides a pathway to information related to the health, education, and welfare of children, youth and families.
- Children's Defense Fund-Minnesota - An advocacy group which promotes efforts for children's health care coverage and child support and enforcement legislation. Includes a link to CDF''s child research data and publications.
- Children's Law Center of Minnesota - A staff of attorneys and social workers that promotes the rights and interests of Minnesota's children in the judicial, child welfare, health care, and education systems.
- Minnesota Alliance with Youth - An intergenerational group committed to creating active citizen leaders among the state's youth.
- Minnesota Child Care Resource and Referral (MNCCRR) Network - A non-profit, tax-exempt organization coordinating and supporting a statewide system of 22 Child Care Resource and Referral Agencies.
- Minnesota Fathers & Families Network - A statewide network whose mission "is to initiate, promote and support effective programs and to educate on public policy to enhance the responsible involvement of fathers in the lives of children, families and the community." Includes links to publications, handbooks, and reference guides.
Research and Statistics, Advocacy Groups, and Volunteer Organizations
- AdoptionNetwork - Includes an overview of adoption issues and provides information on federal, state, and local adoption agencies.
- The American Bar Association Center on Children and the Law - Includes child law publications.
- Annie E. Casey Foundation - A private charitable organization dedicated to helping build better futures for disadvantaged children. Includes a link to the report KIDS COUNT.
- Child Trends, Inc. - A non-profit research organization that studies issues relating to children, youth, and families. Their Child Trends DataBank contains a variety of statistical data on children.
- Child Welfare League of America - An organization of nearly 1,000 public and private non-profit agencies. Includes the League's publications on topics such as parenting, kinship care, adoption, and raising healthy teenagers.
- Children's Defense Fund - Provides information on the activities of the CDF as well as statistics on children.
- Children's Environmental Health Network - A national project whose mission is to promote a healthy environment and protect the fetus and the child from environmental health hazards.
- Children's Rights Council - Includes information about current federal legislation relating to child custody and support.
- Fetal Alcohol and Drug Unit - A division of the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, School of Medicine, University of Washington. Includes an index to resources related to Fetal Alcohol Syndrome (FAS) and Fetal Alcohol Effects (FAE).
- Child Welfare - This "Webcast series" by the National Governors Association (NGA) provides links to the latest reports, initiatives, and information on child welfare.
- The Future of Children - An electronic journal from the Center for the Future of Children at the David and Lucile Packard Foundation. An excellent source for articles about current research and policy issues relating to the well-being of children.
- National Center for Children in Poverty - From the Columbia University School of Public Health. Includes state profiles on policies, demographics and economic conditions for children and families.
- National Center for Missing and Exploited Children - Includes a database of missing children.
- National Conference of State Legislatures Human Services Issue Area - Contains a lot of information on children's issues, including the 2014 Child Welfare Enacted Legislation Database.
- National Governors Association Center for Best Practices - This organization identifies emerging issues and provides assistance on developing and evaluating state programs. Issues include Youth in Transition and Early Childhood Data Collaborative.
- Safe Kids Worldwide - A international organization dedicated to the prevention of unintentional childhood injury.
- Stand For Children - An organization committed to improving the quality of children's lives.
- The State of the World's Children 2015 - A report from UNICEF that provides statistics on children's health, mortality, education, and other indicators for gauging the well-being of children throughout the world.
The sites listed on this page are not created, maintained, or endorsed
by the Minnesota Legislature.