Arts and Culture
- Explore Minnesota - The Minnesota Office of Tourism provides searchable, detailed lists of things to do in Minnesota. Metro Region - Metropolitan area theater, orchestras, museums, and more.
- Minnesota Academic Standards in the Arts - From the Minnesota Department of Education.
- Minnesota Author Biographies Project - Biographical sketches and bibliographies of Minnesota authors, a project of the Minnesota Historical Society, Metronet, and the Minnesota Center for the Book.
- Minnesota Film and TV Board - It includes the Minnesota Production Guide, resources for Minnesota crew and production services.
- Minnesota Historical Society - Includes a calendar of events and information on historic sites statewide. Digital versions of many of their photographs, artwork, and posters may be found in the Visual Resources Database.
- Minnesota Humanities Center - Affiliated with the National Endowment for the Humanities.
- Minnesota Reflections - A collection of "20,000 images and documents shared by more than 75 cultural heritage organizations across the state" sponsored by the Minnesota Digital Library.
- Minnesota State Arts Board - Includes links to Minnesota's Regional Arts Councils.
- The Minnesota State Capitol Preservation Commission and the State Capitol Restoration Project website - provide information on efforts to preserve and maintain the Minnesota State Capitol Building.
- Perpich Center for Arts Education - A Minnesota executive branch agency, housing the state's Arts High School Program and Professional Development Institute.
Arts Organizations and Directories
- Americans for the Arts - This site provides information on arts policy issues, the economic impact of the arts, and links to other cultural sites.
- Arts & Letters Daily - Dense, with links to articles, essays, reviews of new books, blogs, magazines. and newspapers. A service of the Chronicle of Higher Education.
- ARTSEDGE - Resources for educators of the arts. It is a collaboration of the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts and the National Endowment for the Arts.
- Center for the Book - Based at the Library of Congress, the Center promotes reading and literacy in today's society, the international role of books, the celebration of America's literary heritage, and the history of print culture.
- Corporation for Public Broadcasting - Created by the United States Congress, the CPB is the largest single source of funding for public radio and television programming.
- Library of Congress - View online exhibits, and explore Digital Collections to find materials related to the history and culture of the United States.
- National Assembly of State Arts Agencies - NASAA provides a directory of state arts agencies.
- National Endowment for the Arts - Access to NEA grant information and links to state arts agencies provided.
- National Endowment for the Humanities - The NEH is a federal agency that funds humanities research and programs. Information on their grants is available at this site.
- Smithsonian Institution - Read abstracts from Smithsonian Magazine or learn about Smithsonian museums.
The sites listed on this page are not created, maintained, or endorsed
by the Minnesota Legislature.