- Envision Minnesota - A statewide nonprofit membership organization dedicated to addressing the important connections between our development patterns and the health of our communities and the environment.
- Belwin Conservancy - A coalition of citizens and organizations committed to developing long term conservation strategies, funding sources and policy tools to preserve Minnesota’s outdoor traditions for future generations.
- Clean Water Action: Minnesota - Empowering people to protect America's waters.
- Clean up the River Environment (CURE) - A nonprofit focusing on the Upper Minnesota River Watershed, to protect its water quality, biological integrity and natural beauty.
- Conservation Minnesota Voter Center - This group's mission is to make environmental protection a top priority with the state's voters, elected officials, and political candidates. Senate Voting History and House Voting History sections cover key votes on environmental issues.
- Do It Green! Minnesota - A site to educate Twin Cities Metro area residents about environmental issues and help them identify local green businesses and organizations.
- Friends of the Mississippi River - Protecting the Mississippi River in the Twin Cities Metropolitan area.
- Fresh Energy - Formerly ME3, the group focuses on clean energy and energy efficiency.
- Izaak Walton League of America, Minnesota Division -- The group focuses on conservation issues and improving access to outdoor recreation activities; there are several regional chapters.
- Minnesota Center for Environmental Advocacy - A private, nonprofit organization; MCEA uses legal and legislative action, business collaboration, and research to improve Minnesota's environment.
- Minnesota Environmental Partnership - A network of over 70 non-profit environmental and conservation groups.
- Minnesota Forest Industries (MFI) - An association representing the state's forest products companies.
- Minnesota Waters - A merger of the Minnesota Lakes Association and the Rivers Council of Minnesota.
- Mississippi Headwaters Board - A joint powers board made up of the first eight counties on the Mississippi River, mandated by the Minnesota Legislature to protect and preserve Mississippi River's first 400 miles.
- Sierra Club North Star Chapter - Includes the full text of environmental reports and online access to their newsletter, the North Star Journal.
Regional, Federal and International Information
Climate Change Issues
See also Land Use.
The sites listed on this page are not created, maintained, or endorsed
by the Minnesota Legislature.