Law and Legislation
United States Code
- U.S. Code - Searchable full text from Cornell with the best organized results.
- U.S. Code - Search and browse the full text through GPO Access, as provided by the U.S. House of Representatives Office of the Law Revision Counsel.
- U.S. Code - Searchable full text from the U.S. House of Representatives Office of the Law Revision Counsel.
- Tribal Codes - The Tribal Court Clearinghouse from the Tribal Law and Policy Institute has links to various Native American tribal codes.
United States Constitution
- U.S. Constitution - The Law Library of Congress provides texts, commentaries, historical texts and judicial decisions.
- U.S. Constitution Online - Includes the text of the U.S. Constitution. Each amendment has its own link, which includes a list of states that ratified the amendment and the dates. Find commentary, history, explanations, and more on this site.
State Regulations and Executive Orders
- Code of Federal Regulations - This search interface is provided by GPO's Federal Digital System. Titles are updated regularly.
- Federal Register - Updates the Code of Federal Regulations through a searchable interface.
- Regulations.gov - Find, review, and submit comments on Federal regulations published in the Federal Register that are open for comment.
State Courts and Decisions
Federal Courts and Decisions
- Making Laws -- A guide about how laws are made in Minnesota produced by Minnesota House Research.
- NCSL Bill Information Service -- NCSL provides, to legislators and staff only, a 50-state searchable legislation database.
- Minnesota Revisor's Manual with Styles and Forms - The bill drafting manual for Minnesota provided by the Office of the Revisor of Statutes.
- State Legal Materials - Links by state provided by Cornell. If a state provides legislation on the Internet, a direct link is available.
- State Legislatures - The National Conference of State Legislature has compiled this listing of state legislature websites. Not all state legislatures provide access to legislation, but many do.
- TrendTRACK -- This private company offers 50 state bill searching including the full text of bills.
- Congress.gov -- Use Congress.gov for the full text of federal bills, and for federal bill status.
Legal resource sites with links to many documents
- American Law Sources Online (ALSO) - Provides a comprehensive, uniform compilation of links to on-line sources of American law available without charge.
- FindLaw - This site has a good topical index and is quite comprehensive, with links to many legal sources, including a searchable full-text database of law reviews on the Internet. Court forms provide access to forms for both federal and state courts.
- Guide to Law Online - Prepared by the U.S. Law Library of Congress, this is an annotated guide to sources of information worldwide on government and law.
- Hieros Gamos - Hieros Gamos is a comprehensive site for the legal profession. It includes directories of bar associations, law firms, and much more.
- Internet Legal Resource Group - A categorized index of over 4000 selected legal websites, this source also has links to law journals on the Internet.
- LawMoose - A search engine and directory specifically for Minnesota legal resources. Includes the Minnesota Legal Periodical Index.
- Legal Information Institute - Provided by Cornell, often the first place to have legal documents online. LII also has Eye on the Courts, a collection of important decisions and news reports commenting on them.
- LLRX.com - A good source of up-to-date information on Internet legal research. Includes a searchable database of links to court rules, forms, and dockets, and links to federal, state, and commercial bill tracking resources.
- Minnesota Office of the Attorney General Consumer Information--Summaries of Minnesota law for a number of consumer issues.
- Minnesota State Law Library - Library information and catalog, along with a link to Minnesota legal resources.
- WashLaw - From Washburn University School of Law, includes foreign and international law by geographic location and by subject, Reflaw: Virtual Law Library Reference Desk, and other law-related links.
- Zimmerman's Research Guide - An alphabetical guide to legal terms and other legal information sources.
The sites listed on this page are not created, maintained, or endorsed
by the Minnesota Legislature.