Politics and Elections
Minnesota Election Information
Minnesota Media Political Coverage
- Minnesota Politics and Government on Twitter - A wiki listing of Minnesota politicians, governments, political reporters, bloggers and others who are involved in politics and have a Twitter presence.
- Politics - Online coverage of Minnesota politics from Minnesota Public Radio - Website includes campaign coverage for 2016, 2014, 2012, 2010, 2008, 2006, and 2004.
- The Political Animal - Politics and policy of Minnesota from Pioneer Press reporters (blog).
- Politically Connected - The Star Tribune's page related to politics.
- Politics in Minnesota - An online magazine devoted to Minnesota politics.
- Twin Cities Public Television (TPT) - Two weekly programs that focus on Minnesota politics, Almanac and Almanac at the Capitol (during the legislative session).
- WCCO's Reality Check - Minnesota veteran TV reporter, Pat Kessler, investigates issues and political ads for their veracity.
Minnesota Lobbying and Campaign Finance
Minnesota Political Parties
National Election Issues
National Lobbying and Campaign Finance
- Campaign Finance - Information from the Brookings Institution.
- Common Cause - A large, nonprofit, grass roots initiative promoting "open, honest, and accountable government." Many of its efforts focus on campaign finance and lobby disclosure reforms.
- FactCheck.org - A nonpartisan site dedicated to the reduction of confusion and deception in the United States political process. This watchdog group monitors the accuracy of political statements made by the major political players.
- Fair Vote - A nonprofit organization that studies how voting systems affect participation, representation, and governance.
- Federal Election Commission - The independent federal agency that gathers financial information on presidential and congressional campaigns.
- Follow the Money.org - Reports and a searchable database on campaign contributions in state politics. Includes information on Minnesota candidates.
- Initiative and Referendum Institute - Located at the University of Southern California, this group provides a wealth of information on initiative and referendum. Includes Statewide I and R data as well as national and local.
- OpenSecrets.org - Center for Responsive Politics - Provides databases, searchable by zip code, for researching the role money plays in Congressional elections and actions.
- Elections & Redistricting - Publications from the Minnesota House of Representatives, House Research Department.
- Redistricting in Minnesota - Legislative Reference Library guide to the 2010 redistricting process. The guide provides information and links to many sources for redistricting and reapportionment information for Minnesota.
- Congressional Demographics - New look-up tool from the U.S. Census Bureau that allows quick display of population, education, housing, marital status and other data about each Congressional District.
Voting Statistics and Election Results-Historical
- American National Election Studies (ANES) - High quality data on voting, public opinion, and political participation since 1948.
- Elections & Politics News - From Cable Network News (CNN); their site provides historical data on the presidential, congressional, and gubernatorial races in the United States from Election Center 2016, Election Center 2014, Election Center 2012, Election Center 2010, Election Center 2008, America Votes 2006, America Votes 2004, and Elections 2002.
- Minnesota Election Results/Statistics - Election numbers from the Minnesota Secretary of State.
- U.S. Census Data on Voting and Registration - Demographic and socioeconomic characteristics of the United States population as it relates to voting.
See Also Special Interest Groups
The sites listed on this page are not created, maintained, or endorsed
by the Minnesota Legislature.