Politics and Elections
Minnesota Election Information
Minnesota Media Political Coverage
- Minnesota Politics and Government on Twitter - A wiki listing of Minnesota politicians, governments, political reporters, bloggers and others who are involved in politics and have a Twitter presence.
Politics - Online coverage of Minnesota politics from Minnesota Public Radio - Website includes campaign coverage for
- The Political Animal - Politics and policy of Minnesota from Pioneer Press reporters (blog).
- Politically Connected - The Star Tribune's page
related to politics.
- Politics in Minnesota - An online magazine
devoted to Minnesota politics.
- Twin Cities Public Television (TPT) - Two
weekly programs that focus on Minnesota politics, Almanac
and Almanac at the Capitol (during
the legislative session).
- WCCO's Reality Check - Minnesota veteran TV reporter, Pat Kessler, investigates issues and political ads for their veracity.
Minnesota Lobbying and Campaign Finance
Minnesota Political Parties
National Election Issues
National Lobbying and Campaign Finance
- Campaign Finance - Information from the
- Common Cause - A large, nonprofit, grass roots initiative promoting
"open, honest, and accountable government." Many of its efforts focus on campaign finance and
lobby disclosure reforms.
- FactCheck.org - A nonpartisan site dedicated to the reduction of
confusion and deception in the United States political process. This watchdog group
monitors the accuracy of political statements made by the major political players.
- Fair Vote - A nonprofit organization that studies
how voting systems affect participation, representation, and governance.
- Federal Election Commission - The independent federal agency that
gathers financial information on presidential and congressional campaigns.
- Follow the Money.org - Reports and a searchable database on campaign
contributions in state politics. Includes information on
- Initiative and Referendum Institute - Located at the University
of Southern California, this group provides a wealth of information on initiative and referendum. Includes
Statewide I and R data as well as
national and local.
- OpenSecrets.org - Center for Responsive Politics - Provides
databases, searchable by zip code, for researching the role money plays in Congressional elections and actions.
- Elections & Redistricting - Publications
from the Minnesota House of Representatives, House Research Department.
in Minnesota - Legislative Reference Library guide to the 2010 redistricting
process. The guide provides information and links to many sources for redistricting and reapportionment information for Minnesota.
- Congressional Demographics - New look-up tool from the U.S. Census Bureau that allows quick display of population, education, housing, marital status and other data about each Congressional District.
Voting Statistics and Election Results-Historical
See Also Special
The sites listed on this page are not created, maintained, or endorsed
by the Minnesota Legislature.