Biographies & Fact Books
- Biographical Dictionary - A Wikipedia-type system where you can contribute to existing biographical data or create a new biography.
- Bio - Incorporates the Cambridge Biographical Encyclopedia database and Cambridge Dictionary of American Biography.
- Encyclopedia Britannica - An online, dynamic version of the classic encyclopedia.
- Presidents of the United States - "Information, election results, cabinet members, notable events, and some points of interest on each of the presidents. Links to biographies, historical documents, audio and video files, and other presidential sites are also included."
- State & County QuickFacts - Easy access to facts about people, business, and geography of U.S. states from the U.S. Census Bureau.
- Statistical Abstract of the United States - Published by the U.S. Census through 2012.
Dictionaries & Thesauri
Geography & Maps
- Distance Calculator: How Far Is It? - Find distances from one place to another anywhere in the world.
- Google Maps - Find local businesses, view maps and get driving directions in Google Maps.
- John R. Borchert Map Library - Located at the University of Minnesota, it is "one of the premier map libraries in the country".
- MapQuest - Locate a city, a business, or a specific address in the U.S., and display a map of the area around it. TripQuest calculates and displays driving directions between two U.S. cities.
- Minnesota Geospatial Commons - "A collaborative place for users and publishers of geospatial resources about Minnesota".
- Minnesota Geospatial Information Office - Known as MnGeo, the office was established as the first state agency with legislatively defined responsibility for coordinating GIS within Minnesota. Provides a variety of information including a Minnesota Map Gallery.
- Minnesota Department of Natural Resources: Maps - Digital, interactive, and print maps of local interest. Includes a link to DNR's experimental application Tons of Maps Online (ToMo ). ToMo lets you browse every USGS 1:24,000, 1:100,000 and 1:250:000 quadrangle for Minnesota.
- Minnesota State Highway Map - The "official" highway map, provided by the Minnesota Department of Transportation.
- National Geographic: Mapping - Provides an interactive mapping experience.
- U.S. Gazetteer Files - Access to data files for counties, places, census tracts, congressional districts, American Indian/Alaska Native/Native Hawaiian Areas, school districts, state legislative districts, ZIP Codes, and urban areas for the 50 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico.
- United States Board on Geographic Names - The Geographic Names Information System contains information about almost 2 million physical and cultural geographic features in the United States.
Language & Writing
Quotations & Speeches
Weights & Measures
The sites listed on this page are not created, maintained, or endorsed
by the Minnesota Legislature.