Special Interest Groups
Minnesota Public Policy Organizations
- Center of the American Experiment - A nonpartisan, tax-exempt public policy and educational institution which explores conservative and alternative ideas regarding Minnesota and the nation.
- The Citizens League - An independent, nonpartisan group that promotes citizen interest in Minnesota public policy. Includes a link to recent issues of Citizens League Voice.
- Growth & Justice - "A nonpartisan, public policy institute or think tank focusing on ideas to make Minnesota's economy simultaneously more prosperous, fair and environmentally sustainable."
- Itasca Project - An employer-led civic alliance focused on providing leadership for long-term regional development, accelerating efforts to address critical issues from a regional perspective, and encouraging organizations to work together.
- Joint Religious Legislative Coalition (JRLC) - An interfaith, public-interest lobby group working on social justice issues in Minnesota.
- Minnesota E-Democracy - A nonpartisan citizen based project seeking increased public participation through effective and meaningful online discussions and information exchange on public policy issues.
- Minnesota Family Council - A nonprofit, nonpartisan, pro-family organization whose mission is "to strengthen Minnesota families by restoring America's founding Judeo-Christian principles to public policy."
- Minnesota 2020 - Archive for the "nonpartisan progressive think tank" that ceased publishing in 2014. The website is hosted by the Minnesota AFL-CIO.
- Minnesota Women's Consortium - 165 member organizations advocate the equal rights of women and children.
- Taxpayers League of Minnesota - A nonpartisan, nonprofit grass roots taxpayer advocacy organization.
Indexes to Special Interest Groups
- Associations on the Net - Compiled by the Internet Public Library, these links sites provide information about a wide variety of professional and trade associations, cultural and art organizations, political parties and advocacy groups, labor unions, academic societies, and research institutions.
- Idealist - Includes a searchable directory of over 10,000 nonprofit websites worldwide. Provided by Action Without Borders.
- National Special Interest Groups - Project VoteSmart's compilation of organizations by subject or by state.
- Public Policy Resources: Think Tanks - A resource guide focused on think tanks, public policy institutes and advocacy organizations that produce information on public policy issues of potential interest to citizens and scholars and maintained by the Michigan State University Library.
- Think Tank Search - The John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard has compiled this comprehensive list of links that includes the Brookings Institution, the Cato Institute, the Rand Corporation, the Urban Institute, the Reason Foundation, and many others.
- Town Hall - A website organized by a group of conservative organizations including The Heritage Foundation.
The sites listed on this page are not created, maintained, or endorsed
by the Minnesota Legislature.